Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ain't no party like a Gatsby party

I'm so excited to share some of the faux-tography my friend, Lindsay Boreing, and I have been playing with.  We aren't photographers in any sense of the word, but if you aren't afraid to take time and risks and play around, you can end up with some great stuff!

The picture below is a sneak peek of the 20's vibe shoot we did for my band, Ginger and the Alchemists (who you can like at www.facebook.com/gingerandthealchemists).  Rolling on a musician's budget means I don't always have the means to hire a professional, and that's where the faux comes in. A fancy dress (or shabby if you're going for a hipster look!), some borrowed props, a little editing software and you're good to go!

This picture was edited with Beautune (not that it needed editing....my skin just naturally glows like that....). I chose to go with all-out vamp makeup and tried my best to imitate finger waves with a triple-barrel curling iron, but my straight hair was having none of it. The hair didn't really work out, but you get the idea.

"I hope she’ll be a fool — that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”

Photo: Lindsay Boreing
Makeup: D'Etta Brown
Hair: D'Etta Brown

The dress can be found here.

The flower pin came from White House Black Market, but is no longer available.  You can find these almost anywhere, including a local craft store or on Amazon.



This is similar to the curling iron I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment