Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Swapping

I cannot stop buying books. It makes me happy. It gets me into trouble. It isn't rare that I choose to buy a book over filling my gas tank. One of my friends offered a great solution: paperbackswap.com.

This nifty web site allows you to post books you don't want anymore for other members to browse. When a member selects one of your books, you mail it to them. Once they've received it, you earn a credit and can pick a book to be mailed to you. It has freed space on my shelves and allowed me to dispose of some of the interesting books I've inherited from grandparents without actually throwing them away (which is akin to blasphemy in my family).

Setting up an account is completely free, and it even tracks how much money you're saving by using the program.

My own bookshelf can be found at this link: http://www.paperbackswap.com/book/members_books.php?m=dmVCYWdvM1pvMW89

Another solution is of course the library, but I happen to owe too many fines to check anything out right now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment